Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

I have never carved a pumpkin until last halloween. Which was like a couple days ago. When I carved my pumpkin it looked something like this one.
I thought to my self why is it that when you draw a pumpkin its always two triangles for eyes and another one upside down for a nose and a mouth. I decided to go online and use some other sculpters ideas to make my own creative pumpkin carving. I was fasinated with some of the pumpkin carvings but they were so complicated. Just like the one below. It takes time to carve nice pumpkin and proper materials to do the job. But at the end your work will pay off.

Questions
1.What materials will you might use to carve a pumpkin?
2.When was the last time you have carved a pumpkin?
3.Create your own unique pumpkin design?

8 comments:

  1. I think that the detailed pumpkin carving is amazing. I have only carved a pumpkin once or twice, and neither time did my pumpkin look anything like that one. I may have been five or six the last time I carved a pumpkin. A special carving knife is used to carve the pumpkin. Pumpkins like the second one posted would take hours to finish. To make all the different shapes, more advanced tools are most likely required. If I could carve pumpkins as amazing as that, I would, but I don't think i'd have the patience to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arthur 11-28-11
    The last time i carved a pumpkin was in 3rd grade after a trip to the pumpkin patch. I chose the smallest pumpkin i could find because i really didn't want to do it. when i got back to my grandmothers house she had a special pumpkin carving set on the table. This is when i really got interested in the idea of carving a pumpkin. I cut the typical triangle eyes and nose and the smile with the two teeth. Although i didn't want to do at first after the pumpkin was carved i wanted everyone to see it. The pumpkin was on the front porch all the way until Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanisha

    I think it's cool and creative how the pumpkin was carved because you dont usually see pumpkins being carved like this. The materials you might use is a carving knife. I have never carved a pumkin before

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last time I probably carved an Pumpkin was when I was about 8 or 9, really can't recall but when I carve pumpkins they tend to be messy. Some of the materials you may use for carving a pumpkin are a carving tool, spoon,etc. I think the second picture is very unique and it shows the person put lots of work into the carving the pumpkin. -Makyia B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the pumpkin carving picture because of the lights that's inside the pumpkins.
    -David

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this picture I love Halloween!
    -Jose

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the pumpkin because it has a scary face.
    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the pumpkin because it reminds me of Halloween!
    -Craig

    ReplyDelete