Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Scream

The person who made the scream was Evard Munch in 1893. He was inspired by all these tragic things happening and the main person there is screaming and the others aren't noticing anything. There was four copies. One was made of oil, tempera, and pastel on cardboard. I like this artwork because there are many things that can be represented in here. For one thing the man two men in the behind can be the cause of why the man is screaming. Another could be that he is paranoid and doesn't like water and doesn't like being near it.

Discussion Questions
!. What do you think this artwork means?
2.Why do you think he is screaming?
3. Why do you think there are two people in the background?

5 comments:

  1. I think this picture means he is running away from something. The reason I think this is because the look on his face has siomething to do with fear or being afraid of something. I think he's screaming to let out his emotions to the two people in the background.
    -Akina W.
    Period 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. The artwork was very detailed . It had a message behind it. I'm not sure of what it means but I really like it. The character in the picture looks as if he is screaming because he's afraid of the two people behind him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ceathra
    3.Theres two people in the background because they had maybe stop to see what he is doing.The people are tring to figure out why hes looking like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the artwork is clearly representing the frustration that sometimes we feel towards some of the fears that we have in life; at least when I feel frustrated or desperate I feel like yelling out what I feel towards some aspects that I am afraid of. The artwork is complex in the whole term, and I think that the interpretation of it is up to the person, and also if the person feels identified with it or not. On the other hand, I also think that this artwork may represent how we, as society, over think a lot about what is going on in our environment; the man is screaming because two men are following him… Are they really following him? Or is it just his imagination?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that this artwork shows the pain or anger in this man. I dont think that there is two people behind him, I think that he is on a bridge and that is part of it. I think that this man, like many us, had some problems and decided to go for a walk. I think that on this walk he was so mad that he just had to yell.

    ReplyDelete